Re: Multi-sig credentials?

Yes, there has been some thought around this.

The simple way would be to exert control over an issuer DID using a
multisig scheme. This would mean that issuance itself is trivial, and so is
the signature block and the revocation handling in the credential; all the
complexity shifts into what generates the signature from the DID
controller. The only DID method that I know of that explicitly describes
how to do this today is peer DIDs, but it would not be helpful in VC
issuance, since it isn't anchored to a ledger. Perhaps there are other
methods that support multisig as a verification method, that I'm not aware
of.

The other option is to make issuance itself a multisig process. Some design
work has been completed on this in Hyperledger Ursa discussion circles, but
it's only a little more than whiteboard, AFAIK. This would allow holders to
start with a credential signed by one issuer, and then to go around and
collect endorsements from other issuers until the endorsements hit a
critical mass, at which point the VC becomes valid. There are also some
other usage models it would enable. How revocation would be handled with
such a credential is not obvious, however.

Bottom line is that I think you're asking an important and interesting
question. It's received some attention already, but I don't believe there's
any mature solution yet.