APPLICATION DEADLINE (Fri, 10 July 2020 - 12:00 PM PST): DHS S&T SVIP Call (Re-Release) || Blockchain/DLT/SSI Solutions to Prevent Forgery & Counterfeiting of Certificates and Licenses

Hello Everyone,

A reminder that that the (single) application deadline for this funding opportunity closes on Friday, 10 July 2020 @ 12:00 PM PT.
I am attaching a copy of the slides that were used during the Industry Day webcast as an FYI (You can also find them on the official application website)
As we requested during that event and in many other venues, if your network touches relevant technology startups and founders in Black, LatinX and underserved communities of color, I would very much appreciate if you could share this opportunity with them. The SVIP "business model" does not take startup equity or IP (see industry day slides for more details) which often tends to be a concern of both startup founders and their commercial investors.  While we do not have quotas or dedicated funding for those communities, we are fiercely dedicated to ensuring that EVERY APPLICANT gets evaluated on the same level playing field!
Call Details & Application Form @ https://go.usa.gov/xw9G2  (Look for the documents w/ the posting date of June 9, 2020 or later)
Application Deadline @ July 10, 2020 - 12:00 PM PT
DHS S&T SVIP Info & Eligibility Criteria @ https://www.dhs.gov/science-and-technology/svip
Best Regards,

Anil

From: John, Anil <anil.john@hq.dhs.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:12 PM
To: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: DHS S&T SVIP Call (Re-Release) || Blockchain/DLT/SSI Solutions to Prevent Forgery & Counterfeiting of Certificates and Licenses

Hello Everyone,
We have re-opened the DHS Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP) Call for Blockchain/DLT/SSI solutions i.e. Funding Opportunity for Startups, with additional problem sets that are being faced by our Operational Components and Programs.
This work will be both separate (different problem sets & in one case a different problem sponsor) and similar (we are building on top of, and doubling down on, the very real standards based interoperability work that has already been accomplished and demonstrated by the original cohort of companies that we awarded contracts to).
While members of the original cohort that remain part of the program will continue to focus on their product build out in Phase 2, we are seeking additional companies to address additional problem sets. To find out more, please take a look at the details below and our full solicitation.
As an FYI, the Virtual Industry Day is an opportunity to get your questions (both business and technical) answered, before you decide whether or not to apply to the program.
We hope that you will consider working with us to enable an ecosystem that contains a pluralism of operators and technologies, is truly interoperable and diverse, and prevents technology and vendor lock-in.
Best Regards,

Anil

Anil John
Technical Director, Silicon Valley Innovation Program
Science and Technology Directorate
US Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC, USA

Email Response Time - 24 Hours

[https://www.dhs.gov/science-and-technology/svip]

-----
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP), on behalf of DHS Operational Components and Programs, invests in startup companies from across the nation and around the world to adapt, develop and harness cutting-edge capabilities that are commercially sustainable while simultaneously meeting the needs of DHS.
[cid:image006.jpg@01D63E98.C8791D60]
Decentralized and distributed registry and time-stamping implementations such as Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), from a government perspective, holds the potential for enhanced transparency and auditing of public service operations, greater visibility into multi-party business operations, and automation of paper-based processes to improve delivery of services to organizations and citizens.
DHS Operational Components and Programs,  such as U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and the DHS Privacy Office (PRIV) have common needs across their mission sets for the use of interoperable implementations of these technologies that also support the growth and availability of a competitive marketplace of diverse technology implementations for government and industry to draw upon to deliver cost effective and innovative solutions.
This SVIP Call i.e. Product Development Funding Opportunity for Startup Companies, is seeking solutions that apply decentralized identifiers and resilient registries to the issuance and verification of identifiers and credentials in order to enhance their security, while employing privacy respecting mechanisms that implement standards based multi-platform interoperability.
It reflects the needs of DHS Operational Components and Programs, with applicants expected to use one or more of following DHS specific scenarios to frame their applications:

  *   Alternative Identifier to the Social Security Number (PRIV)
  *   Food Supply Chain Safety and Visibility (CBP)
  *   Supply Chain Traceability of Natural Gas Imports (CBP)
  *   Supply Chain Traceability of Direct-to-Consumer E-Commerce Shipments (CBP)
  *   Privacy Respecting Essential Work and/or Task License (USCIS)