Re: JWS & GPG Signature Suites for 2020

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 15:45:25 -0500
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 2/17/20 3:00 PM, Kim Hamilton wrote:
> Is there interest in adding these to the cryptosuite registry? I believe
> it just needs a PR, but the editors can confirmĀ
>
> https://w3c-ccg.github.io/ld-cryptosuite-registry/

There is interest, yes, and they exist now and so should go in the registry.

I'm concerned about the JWS suite having too much algorithm agility, but
that's being tracked in the issue Orie pointed to.

In general, let's

1. Get these suites into the registry since there are implementations.
2. Discuss the details via the issue trackers for each repo.

Having telecon time for Orie to introduce these items to the group would
be good.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches