Re: Real BTCR DID Document

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 11:03 AM Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
wrote:

> I suggest changing the context to https://www.w3.org/ns/did/v1

Will do.

You may want to consider returning a jwk formatted version of the same
> base58 key, so that the btcr did can easily be used with JOSE... the method
> resolver could automatically do this conversion.

Which C or C++ library would you recommend to use to convert between them?
Can you share what you think that DID Document would like that includes
both representations? I don’t even like using base58 for the public key as
no Bitcoin implemention uses base58 for public keys at all — bitcoind only
used hex.

Also, do you agree that this DID Document should not include information
about the base58hash of the public key of the tip that is used in the BTCR
Method to revoke or rotate this DID Document? My challenge is only a DID
resolver can do this, so why put it in the DID Document at all?

— Christopher Allen