Re: VCs - zCaps / OCap a Discussion

On 19/12/2020 20:57, Alan Karp wrote:
> So, instead of a separate standard, is it possible to define two types
> of VC, claim and authorization?  If a given certificate can be one or
> the other, then perhaps the spec can limit which fields may be used
> for each type.  That approach should keep the bulk of the framework
> the same.

This is a very sensible suggestion. There is already the type field that
is used to describe what type of VC this is. I (and I think Daniel as
well) suggest that the schemas of the subject properties will further
determine the meanings of the properties and thus imply the use of the
VC. The "name" property implies ABAC whilst the "read" property implies
a permission.

Kind regards

David