Re: The Unique Consignment Reference - a Nirvana powered by DID/VC?

Thanks Manu

We currently use the Singapore trade trust model for certificates of origin.  The QR on the paper copy includes a secret key to decode the digital version that is hosted on an unguessable public URL.  The theory is that if you have been given the paper / PDF one then you also have rights to see the digital one.   Also only the hash of the digital one is notarised to the ledger.  I had assumed that w3c vc works the same way in that there is no private data on chain?

The wrinkle with the bill of lading is that most use cases the verifier doesn’t have the bill, they have some other document (like a certificate of origin) that **references** the bill.  So it doesn’t follow that the verifier is entitled to all the info in the bill.

The Singapore tradetrust system handles that through selective redaction.  So the certificate could reference a redacted version of the bill. It’s a clever tweak that means the full original and the redacted version are both verifiable against the same notarised hash.  Essentially a Merkel tree of individual data element hashes.  Does VC include that sort of capability ?

Regards

Steven Capell
Mob: 0410 437854