Re: Side project: JSON-LD checker

Here is the source code for ESLint VC Code Extension:
https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode-eslint

You would probably want to prompt the user to allow each context to be
cached, but I assume that extensions have some place to cache things like
that...

In future, `.jsonld` files might recommend you install such an extension,
and give you tooling similar to:

https://github.com/google/schema-dts

... but for contexts other than schema.org :)

We use this tool to ensure that JSON-LD VCs are valid regardless of if they
are used in an LD Proof or JWT.

https://github.com/transmute-industries/vc.js/blob/f828fea4990e9e7f91ec29ca4bafa1433fef4e82/packages/vc.js/src/vc-ld/checkCredential.ts#L2
https://github.com/transmute-industries/vc.js/blob/f828fea4990e9e7f91ec29ca4bafa1433fef4e82/packages/vc.js/src/vc-jwt/issue.ts#L35

And as I say this.... I note that we currently (as of
https://github.com/gjgd/jsonld-checker/blob/3cc241e07749c9fdef59652973d88180efc5274f/packages/lib/src/index.ts#L20)
don't pass a document loader to the check function.... which means the
remote contexts are all automatically downloaded...

We need to update this tool to use
https://github.com/transmute-industries/jsonld-document-loader and make it
take a custom documentLoader explicitly :)

OS

--
*ORIE STEELE*
Chief Technical Officer