Re: The (not so) great base-encoding debate of 2020 (was: Re: Question on use of base64 vs base64url in modern specifications)

Thanks for the details Manu, I agree with Leonard though... If we want
base58btc to get adopted as is, it needs to get standardized... similar to
the use of ES256K for secp256k1 JWS... you can use Draft or
unregistered extensions to standards, but the more willing you are to use a
draft, the less likely you are to be forced to fully register / standardize
the dependency, the longer it takes for the thing to get standardized...

There are a lot of benefits of base58btc, how can we make it so that
developers and other standards folks feel safer pulling it as a dependency?

Is base58btc going to go through IETF or W3C? where can I go to complain
that things take too long :)

OS

--
*ORIE STEELE*