AW: Please vote to approve/disapprove the new charter

approve

Von: Kim Hamilton <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 10. April 2020 05:03
An: W3C Credentials CG (Public List) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Cc: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>; Joe Andrieu
<joe@legreq.com>
Betreff: Please vote to approve/disapprove the new charter

Hello all,

Following up on Tuesday's CCG call, the chairs proposed we adopt the new
charter and updates process
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15_7noTaKsqN-TBR7VgECpy-H-zS05rNds81GyRw
95jE/edit#heading=h.9fyeyfch5770> . This must be adopted following the
process in the current charter, which requires a 30-day voting period and
2/3 of votes cast signaling approval[1]

Action requested: We request that you signal your approval/disapproval by
responding to this email with "approve" or "disapprove", and then feel free
to promptly mute this thread, which may get noisy.

Thanks,

Kim on behalf of chairs

[1] see "Amendments to this Charter"
https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/charter-20140808/. Relevant
excerpt:

The group can decide to work on a proposed amended charter, editing the text
using the Decision Process described above. The decision on whether to adopt
the amended charter is made by conducting a 30-day vote on the proposed new
charter. The new charter, if approved, takes effect on either the proposed
date in the charter itself, or 7 days after the result of the election is
announced, whichever is later. A new charter must receive 2/3 of the votes
cast in the approval vote to pass. The group may make simple corrections to
the charter such as deliverable dates by the simpler group decision process
rather than this charter amendment process.