Re: Automated minutes publication

I find minuting in IRC, the same channel that is used for chat outside
of meetings sometimes, to be particularly useful. It lets people observe
the calls without having to explicitly join them, and also provides
continuity between meetings as everyone knows the place to go for a
synchronous conversation, when the mailing list might be too much
overhead. I'm aware that I might be a bit of an anomaly as someone who
is always connected to IRC; I know for many people the IRC is just as
ephemeral as a zoom chat would be. Is it possible for zoom chat channels
stay around between meetings, or do they only exist for the duration of
the call? Is it possible to join the chat without joining the call?