From: steve.e.magennis@gmail.com <steve.e.magennis@gmail.com>
Sent: November 8, 2019 3:54 PM
To: Michael Herman (Parallelspace) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>; public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: RE: Trusted Digital Web: Whitepaper [Preview Draft]

Hi Michael,
I really like a lot of the ideas you put forth in your WP, especially clearly separating the concepts of Identifiers and Identities, and the concept of Universal DID Data Services. I have a number of tactical comments I’d be happy to share with you. Overall though I am a bit confused with what the intended goal of the paper is. The problems you articulate describe a situation, but don’t demonstrate why they are problematic. Solutions you propose that are built upon the problem statements then becomes suspect. A wide range of statements are made from the really big picture: ‘replacing the World Wide Web’ to the very specific: ‘Camunda Modeler’ and it is hard to rationalize how or why to tie it all together. Maybe there are actually two or three white papers here.
$0.02

Happy to discuss further and hope you are having a great time in Malta! It looks like an awesome event.

-Steve