W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-credentials@w3.org > November 2019

[AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, November 5th, 12 noon EDT, 9 AM PST

From: Joe Andrieu <joe@legreq.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 21:06:15 -0800
Message-Id: <f90fc53c-cee1-484c-aded-a6f130c182f3@www.fastmail.com>
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
Cc: "Christopher Allen" <ChristopherA@LifeWithAlacrity.com>, "Kim Hamilton Duffy" <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>, "Joe Andrieu" <joe@legreq.com>
TL;DR CCG 2020 Scope of work


NEXT MEETING:


Tuesday, November 5th, 2019

Time: 12pm EST, 9am PST, 5pm GMT

(see: _https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20191105T170000&p1=tz_pst&p2=tz_est&p3=tz_gmt_ ) 


Text Chat:_ http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg_

 irc://_irc.w3.org:6665/#ccg_


Voice: See updated instructions:_ https://github.com/w3c-ccg/w3c-ccg.github.io/blob/master/connecting.md_

 VoIP: sip:ccg@96.89.14.196

 US phone: tel:+1.540.274.1034;6306

 EU phone: tel:+33.9.74.59.31.06;6306

We prefer people to dial in via SIP when possible.


Duration: 60 minutes


MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING:

_https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2019-10-29_


MEETING MODERATOR: Joe Andrieu <joe@legreq.com>



PROPOSED AGENDA:

 1. Agenda Review (2 minutes)

 2. IP Note: (1 minute)
Anyone can participate in these calls. However, all substantive 
contributors to any CCG Work Items must be members of the CCG 
with full IPR agreements signed. _https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/join_

   1. Ensure you have a W3 account: https://www.w3.org/accounts/request

   2. W3C COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTOR LICENSE AGREEMENT (CLA): _https://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/cla/_

 3. Call Notes (1 minute)

   1. These minutes and an audio recording of everything said on 
this call are archived at _https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/_ <https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2018-11-20/>

   2. We use IRC to queue speakers during the call as well as to 
take minutes. _http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg_ or _http://irc.w3.org:6665/#ccg_

   3. All attendees should type “present+” to get your name on 
the attendee list in the transcript.

   4. In IRC type “q+” to add yourself to queue, with optional 
reminder, e.g., “q+ to mention DID spec needs better SEO”. 
The “to” is required.

   5. If you’re not on IRC, simply ask to be put on the queue.

   6. Please be brief so the rest of the queue get a chance to 
chime in. You can always q+ again.

   7. *NOTE*: This meeting is held by voice, not by IRC. Off-topic 
IRC comments are subject to deletion from the record. We 
work hard to manage a single thread of conversation so 
everyone can participate and be heard. Please respect 
the group process by joining the queue when you have 
something to contribute.

 4. Scribe Selection (3 minutes)

   1. We need a volunteer to scribe. Scribe List: _https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LkqZ10z7FeV3EgMIQEJ9achEYMzy1d_2S90Q_lQ0y8M/edit?usp=sharing_)

 5. Introductions & Reintroductions (3 minutes) (see scribe doc 
for reintroduce column)

 6. Announcements & Reminders (5 minutes)
_https://w3c-ccg.github.io/announcements/_

   1. Calls for scribes to happen before the Tuesday call going 
forward. Save time and awkward pauses!

   2. Dedicated DID calls on Thursdays

     1. Zoom room: _https://zoom.us/j/7077077007_ 

     2. Time 1-2:30PM PT / 20:00-21:30 UTC

   3. Closing out action items and work items! Action needed by 
end of December.

 7. Progress on Action Items (5 minutes)

   1. _https://github.com/w3c-ccg/community/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22action%3A+review+next%22_

 8. Scope of work

   1. As we round out 2019, having successfully launched the DID 
Working Group, we’d like to take a moment to understand the 
most appropriate scope of work for the CCG so we can plan 
for a solid 2020.

   2. There is clearly some tension between the roles of W3C vs 
DIF vs Hyperledger and how all of these play well with IIW, 
RWOT, MyData as well as groups like IETF and ISO.

   3. As a Community Group we have had more concrete success 
shepherding work items that directly support standards-track 
work than we have had with open-ended thought pieces.

   4. At the same time,the discussion we had in August comparing 
and contrasting approaches to encrypted storage, generated 
a lot of collaborative discussion and resulted in white 
paper drafts written at Rebooting the Web of Trust IX.

   5. Bringing different efforts to the same table to discuss 
synergies and differences is a major way that we see the 
Credentials Community Group helping advance the work regardless 
of where it came from or where it is destined.

   6. Given these two dynamics, are there lessons we can learn 
about where we should channel our energy moving forward?


--
Joe Andrieu, PMP joe@legreq.com
LEGENDARY REQUIREMENTS +1(805)705-8651
Do what matters. http://legreq.com <http://www.legendaryrequirements.com/>
Received on Monday, 4 November 2019 05:06:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:19:03 UTC