Re: committing fraud with credentials

On 2019-05-15 7:11 am, Manu Sporny wrote:
> I'm wondering if it might be better for the CCG to just take this
> discussion on instead of creating another group?
> ...[snip]
> Credential fraud and mitigations seems like something this group should
> be working on. It feels close enough to the "Decentralization Rubrics"
> document that Joe is working on, which we seem to be adopting. I see no
> reason why the same wouldn't be true for a "Credential Fraud Mitigation
> Strategies" document.

+1

I'd like this discussion to be part of this group.

To me, "Fraud Mitigation Strategies" even seem like they could be
viewed as part of the recent discussion here about DID methods that
might support the 'stalking advertising model'.

That is, in both cases somebody is doing something with our data that
we don't authorize.

And so even though one is (currently) legal, there might be a
significant crossover in how both can be prevented.

Steven Rowat