[Announcement] Add OpenPgpSignature2019 as a JSON-LD Signature Suite

From: Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 10:37:10 -0500
To: public-credentials@w3.org
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/community/issues/71

OpenPgpSignature2019 is a JSON-LD Signature Suite that uses OpenPGP for
signing and verifying, and is otherwise like RsaSignature2017 and others.
I've done my best to get it as close to the other references as possible.

GPG/PGP/OpenPGP have support in many existing software systems, such as
Github, are familiar to many users, and offer a unique opportunity to
bridge older more established privacy technologies with new emerging
standards like the DID spec, so long as the integration with JSON-LD
Signatures can be formalized.

I'm seeking collaborators for reviewing the implementation, completing the
signature suite spec, cross linking to relevant specs, and any comments or
suggestions.
I'm also seeking another editor in order to transition this to a formal
work item.

If this is of its interest to you, and you would like to help or become an
editor, please reply to me here and on github.

Thanks to this group for all the hard work.

OS

--
*ORIE STEELE*
Chief Technology Officer