Re: DID identifiers have a dependency on w3id.org

On 2019-02-25 08:11, Manu Sporny wrote:

> Note that this absolutely does not mean that there is centralization.
> W3C is effectively providing an identifier under their domain. It is up
> to implementations to determine what to do with that identifier. The
> best practice at present, for production systems, will be to load a
> static, permanently cached file from disk (JSON-LD implementations) OR
> to hardcode your implementation against a very specific set of
> key-value
> pairs (JSON implementations).

Seeing announcement of new Chromium 73 features which includes Signed
HTTP exchanges reminded me of this thread. I don't know if this could
play some role in distributing JSON-LD context mandated by the spec:

https://github.com/WICG/webpackage

*
https://wicg.github.io/webpackage/draft-yasskin-http-origin-signed-responses.html
*