Re: Process for defining a DID method

Paul, the process is pretty straightforward. I'd suggest using one of the
other methods listed in the registry
<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-method-registry/> as a template (ideally one
that uses the W3C ReSpec spec format, but that's not required) and follow
the requirements defined in the DID spec. You basically need to define the
ABNF for your method name and method-specific identifiers, and then define
your CRUD mappings, and then add your Privacy and Security considerations
sections.

You can then do as much community review as you'd like, and then you submit
a PR against the registry and the maintainers review the spec to make sure
it's covered all the MUSTs and approve it.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

=Drummond