From: Daniel Hardman <daniel.hardman@evernym.com>
Sent: July 3, 2019 3:59 AM
To: Carlos Bruguera <cbruguera@gmail.com>
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>; Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Secure Data Hubs specification released

Yes, new DID methods will take the DID world out of blockchain land. One example of this is the peer DID spec I've been working on with folks from ConsenSys and SecureKey<https://openssi.github.io/peer-did-method-spec>. Another is the work Dave Huseby has done on a github-based DID (I don't have a hyperlink for this handy, but I could track one down if anyone is interested). When such DIDs are easy to use, then asking people outside DID-land to use DIDs should not be a heavy lift with learning curves and dependencies and mysterious crypto. It'll just boil down to key pairs.