Fwd: Lots of fun with interplanetary WebID

FYI :)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 22:34
Subject: Lots of fun with interplanetary WebID
To: public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>, public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>, <
public-solid@w3.org>
Cc: Nicola Greco <me@nicolagreco.com>

Apologies for cross posting.  This is just a bit of fun. :)

FYI : I believe I've just become the first person to have beamed their
webid into space!

https://blockstream.com/satellite-queue/

Mine is the transmission : 0a98e2d0-71ed-442c-abfc-b4da124739f6

Upload Started: 1/17/2019, 10:18:10 PM
Upload Ended: 1/17/2019, 10:18:20 PM

10s to get into space! :)

Webids are great. And they gain extra resilience by having by having the
data stored or cached in multiple locations.

As this was all done using crypto currency. I'm soon going to be able to
add this as a feature to the upcoming solidpay system. So people will be
able to sent their WebIDs into space for about 2 cents at the moment. Watch
this space!

It will also become possible to create redundancy of webids by using IPFS
or decentralized identifiers (DIDs).

Or even combine the all of these techniques.

Apologies in advance for the tagline : "DIDs In Space!" :)