Re: Adopting the Hashlink spec as a work item?

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 2:46 PM Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> When using key value pairs, if you use the full URI as the key, you are fine as you dont need an external context.
>
> If you are using syntactic sugar such as to say "address" means "schema.org/address" and that is stored externally then you'll benefit from this extra integrity check
>
> All sounds good with me.  Just so long as folks realize that this is an extra pieced that is JSON-LD specific, and with turtle you get it for free.

I don't think such functionality is available in turtle(?), so hard to
say it's free there.  If the use case is only prefixes, then you could
inline them in either JSON-LD or turtle for a similar effect.  The use
case being addressed with the hashlink idea is when you want to put
common prefixes (and more) in an external resource.  In JSON-LD that
can allow you to save significant space and processing time.  This is
similar to regular programming with includes/imports/requires/etc for
common data, but since this is targeting the web, some integrity info
is needed.

-dave