Re: Renaming "DID registry" to "DID ledger" (was: Re: New iteration of the DID Use Cases document)

Also -1 I think, "ledger" won't work for IPFS-based DIDs, or
public-keys-wrapped-as-DIDs, or potentially many other DID methods; it
doesn't feel broad enough.

Personally I also don't like the separation between "creating" and
"writing" / "registering" a DID. This separation is something I have
seen in Sovrin docs and discussions several times, but I think it's
better to have a mental model where you have only one step for
"creating" the DID. E.g. in Sovrin, you may create a wallet and a key
pair as a preparatory step, but you haven't actually "created" your DID
until you also write it to the ledger, because only then it becomes
possible to "resolve" it.

Markus