Recommending secp256k1 in FIPS 186-5

From: Dan Burnett <daniel.burnett@consensys.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:00:10 -0500
To: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hi all,

NIST is seeking feedback on their recently-released draft of FIPS 186-5. [1]
My company and others are concerned about the lack of endorsement for
secp256k1 in this standard and have drafted a request for its addition.[2]
We would welcome any comments and/or support from any of your organizations
(directly in the Google Doc linked below).  All comments are welcome,
including those arguing against this request :)

[1]
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/10/31/2019-23742/request-for-comments-on-fips-186-5-and-sp-800-186
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uoBYCUgnM3DkOMeCheFE4t_aGwjCg41Zo_5_2uZN1jU/edit#heading=h.1xljt59f35x5