Re: "there's a cred for that"

That could also have the effect of “blockchain blockchain blockchain blockchain blockchain”
Evangelism too easily becomes Maslow’s hammer.
It is my hope that this community looks a little more closely at standards that a VC already impacts like ISO27001, where does a VC fit into existing ISMS standards and practices?

Instead of shouting from the rooftops there’s a “VC for that” I would be keen to know, who/what is aiming to solve problems that would be helped by verifiable credentials. As someone that has been in this community for more than a moment, and it working commercially with VCs, it’s beyond frustrating to see how few of these big ideas and exuberant fixes ever touch a real use case.

In case you don’t remember “there’s an app for that” was a really great way to fill the App Store with nonsensical cul de sacs of content that are left to rot redundantly across apple data centers globally.  That all the money that went to app development fast tracked the siloed centralized experience we now call the web. That the same people who made “there’s an app for that” would say “the web is dead” in the same breath.

Perhaps some deeper thought on practical applications, some outreach to REAL use cases and some conversations with standards bodies with similar goals would be a better use of our energy.