RE: Verifiable Credential Greeting Cards

Orie, I don’t actually know what the correct answer is either (the VC specification is not clear in this regard).  There is actually 3 potential credentialSubjects: the requester/sender and the recipient/receiver as well as the GreetingCard itself.

If this particular VC only specifies a single credentialSubject, I think it would have to be the ID of the GreetingCard itself.

Michael

From: Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
Sent: December 4, 2019 3:28 PM
To: Michael Herman (Parallelspace) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Cc: W3C Credentials CG (Public List) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Verifiable Credential Greeting Cards

Thanks for the feedback!

I based the structure on: https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#example-7-specifying-multiple-subjects-in-a-verifiable-credential

I thought of a greeting card as a VC with the Issuer being the FROM and the subject being the TO.

After your comments, I'm not sure what I have done is correct.

I have updated the demo to correct some missing fields and tested on jsonld playground. Is this more what people were expecting?

OS

{

  "@context": [

    "https://www.w3.org/2018/credentials/v1",

    "https://transmute-industries.github.io/vc-greeting-card/context/vc-greeting-card-v0.0.jsonld"

  ],

  "id": "https://example.com/credentials/1872",

  "type": [

    "VerifiableCredential",

    "GreetingCard"

  ],

  "issuer": "did:key:z6MkobeddxBBkCWdXZP7bAbTnjuJ9wmKPi8zzA1WwQtCCQRr",

  "issuanceDate": "2019-12-04T22:20:39.285Z",

  "credentialSubject": {

    "id": "did:example:123",

    "greetingCard": {

      "type": "HolidayCard",

      "image": "http://i.imgur.com/SxtVfyQ.jpg",

      "message": "Happy Holidays!",

      "from": "did:key:z6MkobeddxBBkCWdXZP7bAbTnjuJ9wmKPi8zzA1WwQtCCQRr",

      "to": "did:example:123"

    }

  },

  "proof": {

    "type": "Ed25519Signature2018",

    "created": "2019-12-04T22:20:39Z",

    "jws": "eyJhbGciOiJFZERTQSIsImI2NCI6ZmFsc2UsImNyaXQiOlsiYjY0Il19..TO7wGkMcM-Ey2h2I2GMRsOAQ8r9xPL7mDEkPefuYmUy32lYhRuS0AiNjcIpYYkWil8RvITmnpb2syqDgpPgsAg",

    "proofPurpose": "assertionMethod"

  }

}

[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=ab3JpZUB0cmFuc211dGUuaW5kdXN0cmllcw%3D%3D&type=zerocontent&guid=4a30f1ff-7290-4a41-8dcf-f9b6197abebc]ᐧ