Re: International identity data standards?

Hi Liam, et al,

FYI, my company is working with the UPU, a UN agency that handles
inter-postal operator collaborations, and they have expressed interest
in DIDs and VCs. I can't say more until all the approvals are in place
(compliance for intergovernmental agencies is quite complex), but there
are international postal addressing standards in place, such as the S42
standard <http://www.upu.int/en/activities/addressing/s42-standard.html>
for physical addressing. There is also work ongoing - like the UPU's S68
and DeutschePost's POSTIDENT standards - that propose international
standards for identity and trust data.

This will likely have some impact on the DID initiative, and I'll be
able to talk more about all of this shortly. There are a lot of moving
parts. Anyway, I can talk some about this effort off the record during
the Prague workshop.

Moses

--

*Moses Ma | Managing Partner*

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com | moses@ngenven.com

v+1.415.568.1068 | skype mosesma | /linktr.ee/moses.tao/
<http://linktr.ee/moses.tao>

FutureLab provides strategy, ideation and technology for breakthrough
innovation and third generation blockchains.

Learn more at /www.futurelabconsulting.com/
<http://futurelabconsulting.com>. For calendar invites, please cc:
mosesma@gmail.com

Or whet your appetite by reading /Agile Innovation/
<http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Innovation-Revolutionary-Accelerate-Engagement/dp/B00SSRSZ9A>
<https://www.amazon.com/Blockchain-Design-Sprint-Workbook-Implement/dp/1548592714>
<http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tao-innovation>.