Re: Towards a global taxonomy for DID methods...

I totally get where you are coming from (I too prefer convention over
configuration), but I still wouldn't put that in the DID ID itself, other
than PERHAPS as a hash ie: DID:123456789#structure

This type of resolver stuff belongs in the methods. My reasoning is based
on how I would actually structure the resolution flow:

1. There is a DID with an ID
2. This DID record is owned by any and all entities that possess the
private keys relevant to the published public keys
3. There are methods attached to this DID that do things, have things,
enable things etc.

Until 1 & 2 are validated, nobody cares (and I would argue the DID is
entirely meaningless) if the DID refers to the geolocation of the building
hosting the toaster (of type appliance) or the IPv6 range of all toasters
from a specific assembly line between March and July of 2026.

I feel like EVERY resolver anywhere should theoretically be able to process
the DID. And if my resolver doesn't know what an appliance is because its
schema only knows about virtual currency wallet holdings, then we have both
missed the boat when it comes to interop. This is why I feel so strongly
about using linked-data schemas.

Or am I missing your point?