CCG meeting on 30 July, comments

From: Bill Claxton, Founder & Operations Director of NextID <williamc@nextid.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 17:45:06 +0800
To: Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Cc: ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com
CCG colleagues,

I refer to the the CCG meeting on 30 July, which I attended.

Thank you all for the excellent minutes.  I'm following some of the
communications about minute-taking and I understand it isn't easy!

I agree with the remarks by Christopher Allen
<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2019-07-30/#77> during the
discussion about the next lap for Verifiable Credentials.  Some of the
areas we are interested in (speaking for my company NextID) are:

- methods for ensuring that a VC bearer is the same as the subject
- self-issued claims that are properly attested by some third parties
- construction of verifiable presentation such as a career profile
- conventions for what makes an academic credential
   (and the same for medical or financial VCs)

--
Regards, Bill Claxton (williamc@nextid.com <mailto:williamc@nextid.com>)
LinkedIn, Facebook, Telegram, Slack, Skype, Twitter or Gmail: wmclaxton