Re: Regarding Text to HTML conversion

Is there some way I can help? What is the goal?

I do see that https://github.com/digitalbazaar/voipbot/blob/master/index.js
has a lot of comments in it already. This could be the first place to look.

Running grep "//[A-Za-z0-9]" on this gives:

// read the config file
// create a lockfile that goes stale after 130 minutes
// cleanup the lockfile if there is an uncaught exception or an interrupt
// shared variables
// check to see if there is a channel password
// connect to the IRC channel
// check if TLS should be used to connect
// check to see if the server requires a password
// says the given message in the main irc channel
// hook up an error handler to prevent exit on error
// handle channel join event
  // connect to the Asterisk server
  // get a list of conference participants on join
  // announce when people join the conference
  // confbridge talking the recording file
      // current time in seconds since epoch
      // clear audio events older than 3 minutes
  // build the list of participants
  // announce when people leave the conference
  // listen to IRC channel messages
    // log IRC messages to logfile if a recording directory is specified
      // log, ignoring all errors
    // handle non-voipbot directed channel commands
    // handle voipbot specific commands
    // all commands must contain at least the command name which is
    // the second argument
    // show list of participants
      // current time in seconds since epoch
      // overwrite calleridname
  // must have at least two characters to attempt a guess
  // guess by attempting to match the end of the channel name
    // upload log files if they exist
// search a directory for a file matching regexp larger than fsize bytes
  // return early if upload settings are not set
  // get latest audio file larger than 15MB
  // get latest audio and IRC logs
    s3ForcePathStyle: true, // needed with minio?
      // build S3 parameters
      // build S3 parameters

other:

/*************************** Helper functions ******************************/

/**
 * Converts a queue to a string.
 *
 * @param queue the queue to convert to a string
 * @return a string representing the queue
 */

/**
 * Removes a given nick from a queue.
 *
 * @param queue the queue to modify.
 * @param nick the nickname to remove from the queue
 *
 * @return the removed value.
 */

/**
 * Pretty-prints a channel name for human readability.
 *
 * @param channel the channel name
 * @return the pretty-printed channel
 */

/**
 * Attempts to guess a channel given some text. The test currently tries
 * to match the last section of the channel name.
 *
 * @param text the text to try and match against the end of the channel name.
 * @return the guessed channel name, or false if the guess failed.
 */

/**
 * Removes a given nick from a queue.
 *
 * @param queue the queue to modify.
 * @param nick the nickname to remove from the queue
 *
 * @return the removed value.
 */

// search a directory for a file matching regexp larger than fsize bytes

It looks like .wav files are handled in the program. I see no mention of
.mp4. I guess the conversion program from .wav to .mp4 elsewhere?
It looks like the script works with https://aws.amazon.com/s3/ .

At least this documentation might be functionally equivalent.
https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-manager-api/
The wiki might be useful, but it is difficult to find a starting point.
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Beginning+Asterisk

-Brent Shambaugh

GitHub: https://github.com/bshambaugh
Website: http://bshambaugh.org/