Re: REMINDER: DID & DID Resolution Spec Webmeeting—Thursday 08 August 2019 13:00-14:30 PT (20:00-21:30 UTC)

Hi folks,

The Data Model section of the spec was added earlier this year to
address structural issues of the spec, but hadn't been filled in yet. I
think having an empty section in the Community Final Draft is probably
not a good look, so I created two PRs to address this. Choose only one!

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/pull/256 just removes the section
(and references to it) altogether.

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/pull/257 adds text to each
subsection. I tried to keep it simple and uncontroversial, but I may
have accidentally used language someone disagrees with. To me, having a
section with basic info is better than removing it altogether, but the
idea is that if this addition is going to cause a long discussion we
should defer that to the future and merge 256 instead.

If of course leaving the section present but empty is actually
completely fine with everyone else, forget I said anything.

Amy