Re: Update on DID Spec Task Force and final week sprint to prepare the Community Final Draft

Manu,

Thanks for your thorough reply! I believe that answers all of my questions
and I have a follow-up on just one. The 'dereferencing algorithm' from
question 4 can be found here
<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-resolution/#dereferencing-algorithm>, and I
should better clarify what exactly I was asking about.

This particular section of the algorithm, shown below, says that a service
matrix-parameter can be accompanied, not just by any fragment, but
specifically by a DID Fragment.

If the input DID URL
<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-resolution/#dfn-did-url> contains
the matrix parameter service and optionally a DID Path
<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-resolution/#dfn-did-path>, DID Query
<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-resolution/#dfn-did-query>, and/or DID
Fragment <https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-resolution/#dfn-did-fragment>:
EXAMPLE 2 <https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-resolution/#example-2>

did:example:1234;service=agent/profile?query#frag

Since a DID Fragment is defined in the DID spec as always pointing to a
section of a DID document (as seen here
<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-spec/#fragment>) I wonder, does this example
show a generic URL fragment, but not a DID Fragment? Since my understanding
is that service endpoint requests should return an endpoint, and DID
Fragment requests return a section of the DID Document, I was confused
specifically by the use of "DID Fragment" instead of simply "fragment" in
that sentence.

I hope that does a better job explaining the question than my first attempt!

Thanks again and looking forward to tomorrow's call,
Charlie

*Charlie Haviland*
Software Developer | SelfKey
Boston, MA