Re: Prioritizing Individual Sovereignty over Interoperability

Stephen,

In my opinion, the proposed "did:peer" method fulfills all the key
properties of DIDs (decentralized, persistent, cryptographically
verifiable, resolvable).
Peer DIDs are self-sovereign, they are under exclusive control of the
subject, and they don't require a central authority.
Note that "globally resolvable" is NOT a requirement for DIDs.

Peer DIDs are a perfect example how fully compliant DID methods can
exist that don't require a blockchain/DLT (also see this thread
<https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/113>).

Markus