Re: Digital Identity in the Migration & Refugee Context

On 4/24/19 10:50 AM, Karyl Fowler wrote:
> Most corporate early adopters of DIDs we have worked with are trying
> to address process inefficiencies in their businesses that cause
> them to assume undue liability that eats into their margins or slows
> things down unbearably (like in the refugee case); they are already
> investing in optimizing their operations, so part of implementing a
> more portable, privacy-first identity solution includes helping
> clients evolve their business processes in tandem. We want to set
> them up for success, and the right process /is/ that foundation.

Just wanted to underscore what Karyl is saying here... I think she's
right on point.

Specifically, if Verifiable Credentials (or DIDs) are issued via a shaky
process, it will increase the rate at which damage can be done. A lot of
this stuff depends on really good process engineering wrt. the
production of Verifiable Credentials (and management of DIDs).

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches