Re: Materials from 2019-04-11 combined DID Spec and DID Resolution Spec meeting

It is important to understand that the platform is decentralized, therefore it enables other components (DIDs, Keys, etc) to be decentralized as well. If we are specially discussing about the private keys, then the terminology will differ, for example are we talking about MPC when it comes to decentralized private keys or multiple copies of the same private key being distributed.

Im sure Drummond has some content in regards to this in the trust framework..

-Avesta

From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 12:08 PM
To: =Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@evernym.com>
Cc: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>, Avesta Hojjati <avesta.hojjati@digicert.com>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, David Chadwick <D.W.Chadwick@kent.ac.uk>, Luca Boldrin <luca.boldrin@infocert.it>
Subject: Re: Materials from 2019-04-11 combined DID Spec and DID Resolution Spec meeting

I wonder if in trying to define requirements for what is or isn’t decentralized, that maybe we are missing the most important thing: decentralized keys. If “proper” DIDs were restricted in some way to only support those systems where the keys are self-administrative with full CRUD. In some ways, the rest of the “decentralized” items can be wishlist, but necessary a requirement.

— Christopher Allen [via iPhone]