From: Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu>
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2019 4:33:47 PM
To: Manu Sporny
Cc: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Re: Use Case Examples for DID URL Parameter Formats

I don’t like this approach at all.

Isn’t the DID method already in the DID that it’s attached to? And what happens when you try to put parameters on a different method? And, most importantly, what happens when one method has a good idea and it propagates to other methods? So the foo-widget is copied from the foo method to the bar and qux methods, but it’s still called foo-widget because that’s what everyone’s code is scanning for and nobody wants to change it to scan for bar-widget and qux-widget, and of course nobody’s ever going to change it to just plain widget because if that kind of thing happened then we wouldn’t have x-www-url-form-encoded as a MIME type in use today (the x- is supposed to mean experimental, and yet decades later here we are).

— Justin