Re: Questions about DIDs and Identity Credentials

On 10/18/18 12:25 PM, Philipp Schmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 at 15:16, Moses Ma
> <moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com
> <mailto:moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com>> wrote:
>

>     PPS, I have an observation based on months of participation in
>     this group that I'd like to share, as an "innovation coach". This
>     group does a pretty good job of co-inspiring ideation, but I have
>     noticed a persistent level of negative feedback for proffered
>     suggestions. I wanted to urge everyone here to provide ONLY
>     positive feedback for the contribution of ideas, instead of
>     ragging on why it won't work.
>

> That's a terrible idea!
> Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

Yes, and... I set myself up for that one!

> And I don't actually think it's a terrible idea. I like the
> "Yes...and" approach for brainstorming where you want to generate lots
> of ideas in a short timeframe. At other stages in the design process
> I've found two other feedback methodologies to work really well:
>
> * Say it back. Make sure you really understand the proposal you are
> about to critique first - being able to articulate it as well as the
> original author is a good test that you fully understand it.
>
> * Use a green/yellow/red approach. Find something that's genuinely
> positive, something you're unsure about, and something you suggest
> changing. It helps you consider the proposal from different angles and
> changes the tone.
>
> My 2 Cents ...

Yes, these are great methodologies...

Incidentally, I do believe that honest and open critiques of ideas are a
very important function for a standards group. So after the initial
ideas are received enthusiastically, I believe that ideas need to be
refined in a cauldron of spirited discussion. It's just that we don't
need to be "brutally" honest. We should be "compassionately" honest.
Thus, I propose that a form of ideational NVC (Non-Violent
Communication, as developed by Marshall Rosenberg) could be used to
engage in high energy collaborative refinement of ideas, in a way that
demonstrates both empathy and compassion.

Hmm, I'm gonna go blog/blather about "ideational NVC" now...

Moses

--

*Moses Ma | Managing Partner*

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com | moses.ma@sparkchaincapital.com |
moses@ngenven.com

v+1.415.568.1068 | skype mosesma | /linktr.ee/moses.tao/
<http://linktr.ee/moses.tao>

FutureLab provides strategy, ideation and technology for breakthrough
innovation and third generation blockchains.

Learn more at /www.futurelabconsulting.com/
<http://futurelabconsulting.com>. For calendar invites, please cc:
mosesma@gmail.com

Or whet your appetite by reading /Agile Innovation/
<http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Innovation-Revolutionary-Accelerate-Engagement/dp/B00SSRSZ9A>
<https://www.amazon.com/Blockchain-Design-Sprint-Workbook-Implement/dp/1548592714>
<http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tao-innovation>.