Re: Is a semi colon allowed in a specific-idstring?

Hello Mrinal,

Thanks for your comments, the ABNF isn't fully up-to-date.

There's currently some discussion about the exact syntax for service names:
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/90

Also note that we're still missing did-query in the ABNF:
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/85

A specific DID method can certainly NOT override the generic ABNF!

Here's the ABNF we're currently using in the Universal Resolver
<http://uniresolver.io/> implementation:
https://github.com/decentralized-identity/did-common-java/blob/master/src/main/resources/did.abnf

Markus