Re: [Hyperledger Indy] Solving the Zooko Triangle through biometric linked DIDs and DID Documents -- Nathan Aw from Singapore

Thank you Professor Chadwick this was very informative.

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 6:49 PM David Chadwick <D.W.Chadwick@kent.ac.uk>
wrote:

> On 16/11/2018 18:13, Nathan Aw wrote:
> > Hi Friends at Indy/w3c,
> >
> > I figured that one of the key, perhaps the key, to solving the zooko
> > triangle theorem/challenge/riddle is to leverage biometric
> > (retina+fingerprint).
> >
> > If there is some way to seamlessly onboard, associate and bind one's
> > DID, DID Documents and Biometric data (stored in offchain in secure
> > enclaves, perhaps?), the zooko triangle gordian knot can indeed be
> solved.
> >
> > To-Be Transaction Flow:
> > 1. Use Biometric to access to this market place app
> > 2. Fetches all the claims associated with one's biometric identity
> > 3. Apply jobs, makes purchases seamlessly with the proofs happening
> > behind the scene.
> >
> > Through this, we obviate the need for users to remember lengthy
> > usernames/ passwords, etc thus achieving the goals of human
> > meaningfulness, decentralization and security.
> >
> > Is this something that is achievable?
>
> Yes, its something we implemented a couple of years ago using FIDO and
> VCs. A video is here
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgE5dI09A4M&feature=youtu.be
>
> David
>

> > Am keen to work with anyone on this.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Nathan Aw
> > https://sg.linkedin.com/in/awnathan
> >
> > https://www.hyperledger.org/community/technical-ambassador
> >

> http://www.nasdaq.com/article/guest-post-understanding-the-limits-and-potential-of-blockchain-technology-cm874892
> >

> https://www.hyperledger.org/blog/2017/12/05/developer-showcase-series-nathan-aw-ntt-data
> >
> > https://bitcoinmagazine.com/authors/nathan-aw/
> >
> > https://twitter.com/Hyperledger/status/938105092644974594
> >

> https://www.hyperledger.org/blog/2018/07/24/hyperledger-sawtooth-seth-and-truffle-101
> >
> > https://www.hyperledger.org/persons/nathan-aw
> >
> > https://github.com/nathanawmk
> >
> > https://erc725alliance.org/

Kind Regards - Mike Brunt
Bringing Technology To Food Via Permaculture
Cell: 541.337.8692
https://www.meetup.com/Eugene-Permaculture-Meetup
https://www.meetup.com/Hyperledger-Eugene/
https://www.meetup.com/Eugene-Blockchain-Meetup/