Re: Is Decentralized Identity/Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) the killer application for blockchain/DLT?

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:01:27 -0500
To: Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>, public-credentials@w3.org
On 11/17/18 12:49 PM, Steven Rowat wrote:
> (while, in this case, hopefully being able to work alongside the old
>  paradigm, which is probably a good thing).

Exactly, Steven... with one minor nit -- instead of "hopefully being
able to work alongside", I'd restate it as:

"... must be able to enhance the existing systems and provide a smooth
transition path toward a fully interoperable DID/VC ecosystem."

Working systems with broad adoption are more convincing than
explanations about how wonderful the world will be *if only* people
would make the switch.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches