Re: Seeking to update Decentralized Identity related slides

Can someone explain to me what the procedure of taking this to another
thread is?
I would like to answer David, but to not clutter up the current reason.
It might be a good discussion to exactly why DIDs are needed in this use
case.
It was once again just an answer directly to me so I would like to create a
new thread or discussion arena on it.
Transparency for the win 🎉

"No – just trying to understand.

I would think there are a lot of ways to fix this including:

1)     A webpage with a digital pub key for the university that can be used
to look up a transcript (password given to user)

2)     Digital signature over the transcript

A quick note – it appears the university of Illinois is doing 2), sent at
the request of the student to the place they have asked.

DiDs don’t seem to be required. (U of I isn’t using them).

Why does the admin have to take 6 months every time they get the piece of
paper with the shiny stickers? I assume that fraud is a real problem in
this country, and phones don’t work for some reason (call the university
and ask if the GPA/ major, and a few other things on the doc are correct),
but this still seems really excessive.

I do know of cases where people got a job saying they had a degree they did
not have – but I just assumed that HR didn’t do due diligence."