Re: Monetization of credentials

From: Mike Lodder <mike.lodder@evernym.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:50:13 -0600
To: Carlos Bruguera <cbruguera@gmail.com>
Cc: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>
Sovrin is currently working on what's called premium credentials where an
issuer expects to be paid for signing a credential. Similar to paying for a
drivers license or passport.
A relying party could also pay a credential holder to share information in
his credential. There are other cases as well that Sovrin is looking at. I
will try to find out if they have a paper on the subject that I can post
here.
I think its not unreasonable to include monetization and verifiable
credentials and I expect it to be more common than not.

--
Mike Lodder
Senior Crypto Engineer