Da: Carlos Bruguera <cbruguera@gmail.com>
Inviato: martedì 27 marzo 2018 10:40
A: Kyle Den Hartog <kdenhar@gmail.com>
Cc: public-credentials@w3.org
Oggetto: Re: Verifiable Credentials on DID-Auth

Thanks for your response, Kyle.

I can see the convenience in starting with the base case (DID-only auth) and then move into more complex possibilities. So I share that approach as well. However, I still don't see that particular case as one of authorization (or it's quite likely that I'm missing something from what authorization comprehends). Certainly the collection of multiple (verified) attributes by an authenticating party seems to only makes sense the first time the identity owner is "onboarded" into the particular service (just thinking of the conventional website sign-up flows).

Could you explain where does authorization fit in this workflow, and where can we draw the line between authentication and authorization on this regard? It seems to me the initial onboarding process to services using DIDs in addition to the exchange of certain credentials is going to be quite a common case.

Thanks,

Carlos