Re: A local built-in DID method name for public key lookup

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> On 06/06/2018 11:30 AM, Chris Boscolo wrote:
>
>> We should define a DID method name called *"local"*or *"self"*where the
>> /specific-idstring/ is a secp256k1 public key.
>>

> This method would be:
>
> 1) susceptible to stolen key attacks and wouldn't allow key rotation,
>    and

Since you say you support off-chain DIDs, how do you deal with an off-chain
DIDs where the owner's key was stolen prior to it being put on-chain?

> 2) favor a very specific type of public key, which is a bad
>    security design practice.

See my follow-on email regarding a pub-key type.

  -chrisb