Server Side Credentials, IETF RG - Was: The UI part of credentials

The title of this thread was not quite right for this group. I should
have emphasized the importance of server side Verifiable Claims
in this discussion on the Security Architecture Advisory Group of
the IETF on "Stopping (https) Phishing"

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/saag/?gbt=1&index=FSF8WFvsCQRCRzsY6qlowmHlxy4

In answer to a question by Bret Jordan on how I see the way forward, I wrote quite
a few points, as this is a big project, but the following in particular is relevant to the
Verifiable Claims Working Group:

[[
Caching: the point was raised and it is one that the security community is keen on that
the data should be able to come signed from the server one is connected to. In which case
it needs to be signed by the institution in the IWoT that serves it. Ideally the signed document
could also be dereferenced, so that web sites can start simply by pointing to the institutions in
an http header or the X509 Cert, and when understanding the value optimise the process
by serving something like what the Verifiable Claims WG is working on, but signed.
There would then need to be an extension to the HTTP standard for passing the verifiable
claim through, in addition to the X509 certificate. (I am assuming here that X509 is just going
to be a bit tedious to extend and teach. It would help if the data were the same in the Verifiable
Claim as the one that was served by the institution, so that the graphs are isomorphic)
]]
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/saag/?gbt=1&index=FSF8WFvsCQRCRzsY6qlowmHlxy4

They are now actually interested in starting a IETF Research Group on the topic!

Henry Story