Re: Event Invitation Reply (Declined): DID Spec Closure Meeting

On 02/21/2018 03:49 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> DID Spec Closure Meeting Location: https://zoom.us/j/232558955 When:
> Thu 22 Feb 2018 01:00 PM – 02:30 PM

I'm double booked for this meeting and won't be able to break free to
attend.

I believe one of the reasons that we felt that we needed to have another
call was to address concerns I raised on the service description stuff.
I'm less concerned about it now, and I have an action to come up with
counter examples (which I've not had the time to do and will not be able
to do before tomorrow).

Here are my current positions on each item listed in the DID Spec
Completion Proposals document:

#1: Service Naming

Add whatever the proposal is to the DID spec via a PR, add the ABNF.
We'll finish off the discussion in the PR.

#2: DID URI Query Component

Add it to the spec via a PR, I expect we have consensus to add it.

#3: JSON Pointer

We're not going to add this to the spec at this time, but we are also
insisting that we do not prevent the use of JSON Pointer w/ DID
Documents. If folks want, we can add text to this effect in the spec. If
we do so, submit a PR and we can discuss it there.

So, I don't think any of these are highly controversial or blockers and
I'm not wondering if we really do need a call on these items? #2 and #3
feel straightforward. #1 could go in the spec w/ the caveat that we may
discover something in the next couple of weeks that throws a wrench into
the works, but don't expect that to happen.

-- manu

[1]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aR8V_JUJdq1Sbi47wCV5aa-dEY0e-V2RqwPNP5ci1bg/edit

blog: The State of W3C Web Payments in 2017
http://manu.sporny.org/2017/w3c-web-payments/