Re: [AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, February 13, 12 noon ET

On 2018-02-13 6:07 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 02/12/2018 03:27 PM, Steven Rowat wrote:
>> So...perhaps ODRL can be integrated somehow with the DID now?
>
> Hmm, no, different technologies for different purposes. Fundamentally:

Thank you very much for the concise summary. I understand now that
ODRL happens at a different place.

But I'm still foggy on your description of what makes LD-Object
Capabilities different from what ODRL does (see next).

> LD Object Capabilities can be used as tokens where an entity can
> cryptographically prove that an entity granted them the authority to
> perform a class of actions in a software system.

But isn't what ODRL specifies the same as this? I.e.: "prove that an
entity granted them the authority to perform a class of actions in a
software system."

Is the difference that ODRL is for granting authority in a different
software system? One that's at a different logical level?

Steven