RE: Non-anonymous and Non-pseudonymous Wikipedia and GitHub

From: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 20:01:50 +0000
To: "public-credentials@w3.org" <public-credentials@w3.org>
Credentials Community Group,

I started the Wikipedia article, Account Verification, at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Account_verification . I welcome you all, as interested, to participate.

Best regards,
Adam

________________________________
From: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 11:41:59 AM
To: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Non-anonymous and Non-pseudonymous Wikipedia and GitHub

Credentials Community Group,

I wonder how close the state of the art is to providing non-anonymous, non-pseudonymous Wikipedia and GitHub? In my opinion, Wikipedia would be better if users had to login using verified accounts. Similarly, some GitHub projects could be advantaged by verified accounts.

The technologies being created here or similar technologies could be of use for scenarios aforementioned. Iím interested in your thoughts on these topics.

Best regards,
Adam Sobieski
http://www.phoster.com/contents/
http://www.phoster.com/discussions/instructional-design-crowdsourcing-and-quality-control/

P.S.: Perhaps we could create a new Wikipedia article on these topics, e.g. Account Verification, which describes comparative technologies and techniques?