Re: New CCG telecon bridge online

I am happy to sponsor the Asia Pacific local dial in option.

P.

  Original Message
From: Manu Sporny
Sent: Monday, 9 April, 2018 05:55
To: W3C Credentials CG
Subject: New CCG telecon bridge online

Hi all,

We have an update on the telecon bridge situation. The transition to a
new upstream SIP provider (Twilio) has been completed. We now
have "unlimited" dial-in capacity limited only by our corporate
upstream/downstream bandwidth and latency as well as the audio mixing
capacity for our bridge. We should be able to handle at least 75
simultaneous callers now.

There is also a new local EU number for our friends across the pond.

The new dial-in numbers are:

US phone: +1.540.274.1034 x6306

EU phone: +33.9.74.59.31.06 x6306

The SIP dial-in still works as well (and we prefer people to dial
in via SIP as it doesn't cost us money like the phone-based options above).

The call in numbers have been updated on the landing page:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/

The Chairs will need to update these numbers when they send out Agendas.
I suggest that we still have a fallback Zoom option if things go badly.

The real test will be when we load the system as badly as we did two
weeks ago. Unfortunately, we will not be able to test that sort of thing
until it happens.

Let's use the new dial in information for the next call and see how it goes.

-- manu

PS: At present, the only known bug is that newer Web-based Skype clients
don't encode the dial tone information in the proper way so you can't
dial in via Skype. We hope that those that were using Skype can just use
the local EU number from now on. We'll try to fix the Skype issue in time.

PPS: We can also add local numbers at $12/year for the Asia-Pacific
region if that becomes a thing.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches