RE: HTML Metadata and Decentralized Identifiers

From: Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 17:49:46 +0000
To: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>, "public-credentials@w3.org" <public-credentials@w3.org>

Credentials Community Group,

Here’s an idea for how we could extend the HTML metadata system and models to facilitate the use of DID’s to indicate authors, editors, contributors and organizations pertinent to HTML journalistic content:

  <head>
  </head>
    …journalistic content…

I’m writing with my chair of the publishing working group [1] hat on. Do you see this replacing ORCID [2], which is primarily used in the scholarly publishing world?

[1] https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/

[2] https://orcid.org/

Best regards,
Adam