Re: Primers on Verifiable Claims, Decentralized Identifiers, Functional Identity & Self-Sovereign Identity

From: Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:27:10 -0700
To: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@blockstream.com>, "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Verifiable WG (Public List)" <public-vc-wg@w3.org>
On 2017-09-23 12:56 AM, Christopher Allen wrote:

>   * DID (Decentralized Identifier) Primer
>     <https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rebooting-the-web-of-trust-fall2017/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/did-primer.md>

> As always, we encourage comments & suggestions...

Thank you for the DID Primer, which I found very enlightening.

One question/suggestion. You use "DID document" throughout with a
lower-case on the word "document".

If my understanding is correct, there is only one "DID document", for
each unique DID, at least for a given DID method. Is this correct?

If so, perhaps using "DID Document" would follow the capitalization
norms better -- when a specific instance of something is cited, in
English, then it's capitalized.

I bring this up because IMO this capitalization would go a long way
towards helping with a problem that potentially may come up in future,
when generic "documents" of all kinds begin to be published/accessed
using the DID system.

Steven