Adam

From: moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com<mailto:moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com>
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎September‎ ‎8‎, ‎2017 ‎9‎:‎12‎ ‎PM
To: public-credentials@w3.org<mailto:public-credentials@w3.org>

It might be possible to come up with something similar to a "spam score" in email, aka a "veracity score".

And just as the user can tune a spam filter from "let everything in" to "zero tolerance for spam", it might be possible to tune browsers and social network site to automatically filter stories based on user preferences based on this score.

This means that as the veracity of sources degrade, your article's score could decline. The plug-in could potentially alert the writer that their sources have degraded or were retracted, so the write could update their story with similar retractions or modifications.

Again, I think that we need to spend some serious effort on understanding the motivation of bloggers and journalists to use the system.

Moses