Re: Credentials CG charter vote result

On 10/21/2017 12:01 PM, Kim Hamilton Duffy wrote:
> Applied to me, the "malice"/"incompetence" quote is entirely valid
> :) -- I simply thought I was updating the charter in the correct
> location. Not an ounce of disrespect was behind that action, just
> incompetence. :)

No, not incompetence - the Chairs did exactly what was required of them
per the CG Process. There was a formal decision made by consensus in the
group to replace the charter with the new charter.

Tim, that you didn't realize this was happening is unfortunate, and
that you think more changed than what has actually changed in reality is
a disconnect. That's all. We're all working towards the same goals.

> Can I ask for your help in outlining and implementing a solution to
> your concerns?

When W3C Charters are modified, the group can optionally include a link
to previous versions of the charter. I suggest we do that in this case
so folks like Tim can find the old charter.

Something along these lines:

"""
This charter was ratified by group consensus on <DATE>. The
[https://..../ previous revision] of the Credentials Community Group
Charter is also available for archival and auditing purposes.
"""

blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/